I’ve been doing a lot of research in order to find a new web hosting service. Bluehost was great to start with. They were very affordable. Unfortunately, I have personally had a significant amount of down time with Bluehost. In fact, my website went down while I was typing this post.
I use Jetpack Monitor and unfortunately I have been getting email notifications almost daily about my website being down with my current host, Bluehost. If you don’t have monitoring on your website, you really need something. I use Jetpack Monitor, but there are other great services like Pingdom.
Like I said, I’ve been doing a lot of research on web hosting while considering a move. WP Engine is a great option, but it starts at almost $30.00 per month. Flywheel is another great option and they start at almost $15.00 per month. Both WP Engine and Flywheel are managed hosting and they are both known for great support. Their prices are certainly reasonable, but I’m personally looking for something more affordable at this point in my WordPress journey.
So, if I’m not going to one of those hosts, where am I going? SiteGround! They have plans that start as low as $3.95 per month, and they have a number of advantages including:
- Great performance, speed, and reliability
- 99.9% Uptime
- Fast SSD drives on all plans
- A user friendly account page and easy set-up
- A number of people and companies I respect also use SiteGround, including Don McAllister of ScreenCastsOnline (I highly recommend his ScreenCastsOnline Mac and iOS tutorials!)
- Free domain name
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate
- Free CDN
- Great Support Options with near 100% customer satisfaction rates
- Phone Support 24/7
- Live Chat support 24/7 (Huge for anyone who depends on their website, in my opinion!)
- Ticketing 24/7 with reply within 10 minutes
- Managed WordPress hosting on all plans
- 1-Click WordPress Installer
- Free Transfer
- Managed WordPress automatic updates
- easy command line management with WP-CLI
- SuperCacher available on all plans above StartUp
- WP staging and Git integration on their GoGeek, cloud and dedicated plans
Well, hopefully that gives you a good idea of why I think SiteGround is the best web hosting for the money and why I’m switching my own website to SiteGround. I think they have the best combination of user friendliness, good customer support, and performance all at a great price! No host is perfect, but SiteGround seems to be the best for the money in my opinion.
* Full-disclosure: I do receive a commission on some links on this page. You will never pay more than you would and often receive a discount for using my links.